JellyPages.com

Monday, July 10, 2017

July!!!

Seven months into the year! Crazy!

July is one of my favorite months, mainly because it contains one of my favorite holidays: The Fourth of July! (Go here to read my Fourth of July post(s).)

Sorry for the delay in my monthly post, but I had so many other posts going up in such a short period of time that I decided to take a break in between those and this post. :)

Recap!

June Highlights:


  • Two of my sisters had birthdays!
  • I went to Repticon. It was so awesome! I actually like snakes when they're non-venomous... XD
  • I trained four new people at work...in less than three weeks. Whew!
  • Our youth group/church is selling fireworks as a fundraiser. A couple of us girls had the most fun time the other night. We held signs by the road to advertise... and a couple of us got a little, uh, crazy. XD It was super fun!

Writing:

Writing went really well for me in June!! I jotted down a couple of stories based of picture prompts (planning to post some this month), and started a brand-new story! (Although I'm unfortunately a little stuck in that one already...)

Reading:

I didn't do so well with my 'Book a Week" challenge this month... :'( But I can always start it again any time! ;p


Music:

  • Woke Up in America - Matt Maher
  • Tongue-Tied - Paul Ruark
  • 100 x Better with You - The Willis Clan
  • My Lighthouse - Rend Collective
  • Desert Song - Hillsong United
I just discovered this song by Matt Maher yesterday...and haven't stopped listening to it since! XD

Woke up in America...

*~*~*~*

Movies:

I don't normally do this topic, but I really wanna mention that the other night, my sister and I watched Faith of our Fathers, and oh. My. Goodness. Y'all need to see this movie!!!!!!!! If you're like me and enjoy brotherhood, soldiers, and don't mind crying, WATCH THIS MOVIE!

Faith of Our Fathers: A Story of Fatherhood, A Journey of Brotherhood | #FaithofOurFathers #FlyBy

I'm not usually a crier during movies, but wow. My sister kept dozing off, and she woke up at the climax and I'm just sobbing in a puddle of tears and she's like, "Uh...you okay?"

No.

No. I was not okay. I was a train wreck.

But yes, go check this movie out! I loved it!


*~*~*~*

Verse of the Month:

"Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite."
Psalm 147.5 (KJV)

I love this reminder that our Father's understanding is infinite... He feels every pain, every hurt that we experience, and He does understand us, even if no one else does! <3

*~*~*~*


Time to check out goals!



Goals:

  • Write at least 3,000 words. Thanks to a couple of my friends, I have a new story idea (possibly a sequel to S&S), so I'm hoping I will meet this goal amidst the craziness of work and school this month. :) YESSSS!!! I'm really happy with how writing turned out! I got about 5k words written!
  • Finish planning and start writing my new story (no title at the moment). Eh, halfway... I did get several thousand written, but I'm kind of stuck now...help... XD
  • Keep up with Book a Week Challenge. Ha...haha...hahaha... no.
  • Survive month one of summer at work XD Barely, but yes! I got yelled at by customers a couple times, though... *grimace*
  • Continue reading the Bible every day. Keeping up with the One Year Bible!! :D
*~*~*~*

July Goals:

  • Write at least 2,500 words. (I'm dropping this down a bit because I'm starting school this month and not sure if I'll have much time aside to write...hopefully I can still beat this goal, though!
  • Start my senior year of school! (pray for me, y'all XD)
  • Get moved into my new/own room! (Two sisters moved out, so for the first time in my life, I'll be getting my own room! Just have to repaint it!)
  • Celebrate the Fourth of July! (Shouldn't be too difficult...it's one of my favorite holidays!!)
  • Continue reading the Bible every day.
*~*~*~*

I think that's it for today, everyone! Hope you enjoyed!

Let me know how your July looks! Any vacations? Plans for the Fourth? Camp Nanoers?

~Livi Jane

4 comments:

  1. Yes Camp Nano! First time, and not going to be the last time. So good! Keeps me accountable, hoping to finish another rough draft for a novel this month, I hope!!!!

    VBS, super excited, right in the middle of it actually right now. XD

    I want to do that sort of month goal deal, but I don't know if I can because B.R.B. is a fiction character, can she be fiction and have real goals? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Libby! Hope it went well for you!! (Sorry for the late response.) ;)
      Oh, VBS is so fun!
      Haha, you always could! :p

      Delete
  2. Faith of our fathers be epic. And that's all I have to say. ;)

    ReplyDelete