JellyPages.com

Friday, June 30, 2017

Dandelion Dust - Release Day + Review

DANDELION DUST HAS BEEN SET FORTH INTO THE WORLD. GO FIND IT!

Ahem.

Today, Faith P. releases her book Dandelion Dust. I'm so excited for you, Faith!


You might remember seeing the book spotlight I did on DD just the other day. Well, today I'm back with a review of this story! (Check out Faith's blog for a list of other bloggers participating in this tour!)



~My Review~


*Five stars*


Wow. That's about the only word I have. This story was amazing. Like, awesome.

So, I'll start off with the point that I normally am not a fan of romance. I can handle some here or there, but usually I dislike when it's more of the main focus of a story. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Dandelion Dust, however. The romance involved was clean and sweet. (Have I mentioned I can't stand most sappy romance books?)

Anyway, I absolutely loved Dandelion Dust. The "showing" aspect was great. I definitely felt as if I was watching the characters actions.

It's also one of those stories you can read more than once and not get bored of it. (Trust me, I've come across a lot of those.)

I loved Hannah. And Drew. Like, I need a story solely based on him. (Okay, Faith?) He was so sweet and worried about his brother and AHHH.

Ahem.

Charity was pretty awesome, too. (That's also saying something for me, because I'm usually not a fan of the girl in romance stories. While I've read plenty that do have amazing female leading role characters, there are some that just...ugh. I find many of them sappy, annoying, and just want the guy. xD)
But Charity was sweet and considerate of everyone around her. (Plus, while the story was based on her relationship, it still sorta wasn't. Not in a sappy way, anyway.) <3

And of course, Ryder. Besides the fact that he has such an awesome name, he was an all-around awesome character. :D

Also, how could I leave out Katydid? She was the cutest little thing.

Aside from the few grammatical errors (which is expected in a self-published book), my only negative comment would be that I felt like Charity didn't have many character flaws. She wasn't perfect by any means, but I personally also thought she was a very mature believer for her age. She didn't do a whole lot of questioning why God let bad things happen, or why it was happening to her/her family. I feel like there should have been a little more of a struggle for her. (Toward the latter half of the story, there was, but considering the circumstances, I think it could've come into play a little bit sooner.)
There was a lot of praying for Ryder (I hate to say "too much", because when can you pray too much, especially considering they were Christians in such a situation, but I do think it became a little too repetitive).

But yes, this story was amazing. GO READ IT.

*~*~*~*


~About the Author~


Faith Potts is a teenage writer, living with her family and beloved yellow labs in the southeastern US. When she's not writing stories, consuming large amounts of coffee, reading books, or creating pottery, she can be found laughing harder than is healthy, daydreaming, and – of course – blowing dandelions.
Writing blog: Stories by Firefly // Faith blog: Chosen Vessels // Social media: Goodreads // Pinterest // Instagram
*~*~*~*

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... *drum roll*


Enter here:
~Livi Jane

4 comments: