JellyPages.com

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

From Where Did God Come?

Hello, all!

How was everyone's Mother's Day? Ours was a blast! The whole weekend was spent with family, food, and fun! :D

Hope your week has been wonderful so far!

I apologize in advance for the fact that my posts may become a bit scarce, as I'll be very busy these next few weeks. ;)

*~*~*~*

Book of the Week Challenge:

I'm keeping up with this much better than I thought I might, just with the craziness of life this month. But, so far, I've kept up, and actually a little bit ahead!

*~*~*~*

Today, I'm dropping in with a quick video. I heard this a while back and was amazed at this man's answer to the question, "Where did God come from?"
His answer is wonderful:



(If you can't/don't want to watch the video) here's a summary:
  • The question 'where did God come from" displays you are thinking of the wrong God. Because the God of the Bible isn't limited by time, space, or matter. If He were, He wouldn't be God.
  • Time, space, and matter must all come into existence at once. If you had time and matter but no space, where would you put it? If you had space and matter but no time, when would you put it? So they must all come together at once. The Bible answers that in ten words. "In the beginning (time), God created  the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)."
  • If I could fit the infinite God in my three-pound brain, He wouldn't be worth worshiping, that's for sure.
  • If your brain is just a random collection of chemicals, how can you trust your own reasoning and the thoughts you think?

Hope y'all enjoyed (I know I did)! 

Have a happy Tuesday!

~Livi Jane

4 comments:

  1. Kent Hovind is an awesome guy. He approaches a lot of different questions with science. I'd highly recommend you watch his other videos including creation, evolution and the flood. The bible wants us not only to know what we believe but also why we believe it, and he clears up a lot of questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? I think this is his only video I've seen. I may have to check the others out! Thanks, Libby!

      Delete
  2. DR. KENT HOVIND! I love this guy! that's a great video and a great thought. Since as believers we should be prepared to answer questions like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty awesome, huh? I love the way he answers! And yes, for sure.
      Thanks for commenting, Marrok!

      Delete