JellyPages.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

365 Days ago...

Hellooo!

I was working today on figuring out blog posts (I have some coming, don't worry!), and I realized I had forgotten something. Something important.

April 7th marked ONE YEAR since I started this blog!!!! (Plus, it's my 60th post!)

I had absolutely no clue what I was getting myself into when a couple of online friends urged me to join the blogging world.

So, in honor of this one year anniversary, my post today is going to be Three Things I Learned Through Blogging. 

Of course, there's more than just three, but we'll stick with these so I don't spend a week trying to finish this post! ;p

Ready??

1. Not to be so secretive with my writing.

Before I started blogging, I hated showing my work to anyone, especially people I knew in real life. What if it was awful? What would they think of me afterward? It wasn't perfect enough, or as good as so-and-so's, etc. 
But now, I'm okay with posting my stories and poems and not worrying (quite as much, anyway) about what others think. I still cringe every time I let a friend read a piece of work, and sometimes I hesitate letting others see my stories, especially longer ones (they're all my precious babies). But I've learned to not be afraid of getting bad feedback. 


2. Accountability

Okay, so I know I still don't have as many followers as some of y'all (working on it!), but even the few who read my posts help me out tremendously (even if they don't know it). I started doing monthly updates/highlights/goals, and having them out there where I have others seeing them keeps me on track and gives me motivation to complete these goals (no matter what they may be)!


3. Learning more about myself--and God

I don't have to elaborate much on this one! Writing posts relating to myself (personality, etc.) and the Lord have helped me just as much as I hope it helps any of you who have read them! 



And there you have it! To each and every one of you who has traveled with me on this journey so far (whether it be by comments, chats, follows)!!! I love y'all! <3

One last thing I wanted to add...

Some of you might not know why I decided to call my blog Living for the Other Side. Well, in my own words from my very first blog post:

You might be wondering why the title of my blog is Living for the Other Side. It is pretty self-explanatory, but I'll explain anyway. As Christians, we should be living our life here on earth in a way that will make it count once we cross over into the next life. We shouldn't have to look back on our life and wish we had done more to make a difference and tried harder to lead people to Christ. We need to be doing our best to fulfill God's purpose and plan for our lives. Let's live for the other side!

Here's to another year of blog posts, growing friendships, and writing! :D

~Livi Jane









4 comments:

  1. *throws confetti* congrats on an entire year of blogging!!! :D
    Getting not so stingy with your works YES. #relatable
    Indeed, having readers really does help you to keep the posts coming.
    And learning to know the Lord better... <3
    Congratulations again! 60 posts, way to go!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kaitlyn!! And thanks for sticking with me and reading my posts! :D
      And yes to all of those comments; totally agree!
      Thank YOU again! :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great list! Blogging definitely does help us grow in so many different ways. Oh, and Happy blog anniversary. :D

    ReplyDelete