JellyPages.com

Saturday, March 4, 2017

A Question of Honor - Review

Good morning, everyone!

Today, I'm here with a book review! Yippee!!

As most of you know, Jesseca @WhimsicalWritings has just released the first book in her Questions of War series. I am beyond excited for her!!!

Displaying A Question of Honor Blog Tour.jpg

Displaying A Question of Honor Final Front Cover.jpg

I was blessed to have been able to beta-read this story. It was so much fun, and I enjoyed watching Jesseca go through the process of getting it published!

Okay, now that this incredible story is finally published, I get to talk about it!!

~Synopsis~

A man. A child. A war. 

When German soldiers invade France during World War II, young Joyanna's perfect world is shattered.

In the hands of those who hate her, she battles to comprehend why people can be so ruthless and cold toward those whom they have never met. 

David Sullivan, pilot in the Royal Air Force, was certain he would never hate, but a painful loss forces him to either reconsider or do the inconceivable—forgive. He is suddenly challenged by the realization that

doing God's will is not easy, but most important. With the lives of freedom-fighters relying on him, he must learn the difficult lesson that he is not in control, but merely one who must surrender his heart of obedience to One greater.

A sudden turn of events lands Joyanna and David in the same country—but for far different reasons.

When their paths cross, David finds he must make a decision that will affect them both for the rest of their lives. 

Will he chose vengeance, or will he let his life be ruled by a higher standard? A standard of Honor.

Find on Amazon and Goodreads


***

~My Review~

A Question of Honor

A Question of Honor was an amazing read!!! I loved the plot, the characters, and everything about it!!!!
First of all, let me just say that I absolutely fell in love with David and Gil from the beginning. They are the most amazing book characters. ;P
I could totally feel David's emotions; felt as if I was right in the room with him throughout his struggles.

You can tell how thoroughly-researched this book was. So many little details! It may not seem like much, but details such as those make a book a hundred times better, even if you may not particularly notice each individual detail. ;)

The way the two separate plots combined was very interesting and well done, and I must say there were a couple of twists I was not expecting!

The theme of the book and message that God is in control was evident throughout, but it didn't seem 'forced' or thrown in as an afterthought.

This is a wonderful story, complete with excitement, adventure, and tragedy. It had me crying more than once, and those that know me well know it usually takes a bit to make me cry over a story/movie!

The few romance-y parts to the story were cute and sweet, not mushy or prolonged (I can't stand that). Those scenes were well done, in my opinion.

There were quite a few grammatical errors and inconsistencies that did go unnoticed, but a self-published book is bound to have some (even some professionally edited books are laced with typos). I also noticed there happened to be some run-on sentences. That being said, I think those sort of things bother me more than most because I am, well, a grammar Nazi. *Grins proudly at pun*

In addition, I did feel as if there were scenes that could have done with some more 'showing' rather than 'telling'.

All-in-all, however, I have to say that A Question of Honor was a MUCH enjoyed story, and it will be reread for a long time to come!

The plot is what brought this up to five stars for me. It was intriguing, full of adventure, and the characters kept me turning the page. *huggles them* ILOVEDTHISSTORYARGGG
Don't mind me. *Grin*

Jesseca is a blossoming young author continually gaining experience, and I can't wait to see her future works!

Displaying Author image.jpg
About the Author:

Jesseca is an 18-year old daughter, sister, and a child of God. Her days are spent reading, cooking, spending time with siblings, or playing piano. And writing, of course! At an early age, words fascinated her, and her love for the printed page has only grown. She lives with her parents and seven siblings in the sunny state of Kansas, and she’s convinced there’s no place like home.
***

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for A Question of Honor here!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway


Thank you all so much for joining me today! Below is listed the other bloggers who are also a part of this wonderful tour! Be sure to check them out!

Blog Tour Schedule:


Wednesday: March 1st
Angela Watt -- Review/Author Interview @ The Peculiar Messenger
Faith Potts -- Author Interview @ Stories by Firefly


Thursday: March 2nd
Kellyn Roth -- Review @ Reveries Reviews
Faith Potts -- Review @ Stories by Firefly
Kaitlyn K.--Book spotlight/Author interview @ Twin Thoughts


Friday: March 3rd
Deborah C.--Book Spotlight @ Reading in June
Soleil B.-- Book Spotlight @ Reviews by Soleil
Victoria Lynn: Book Spotlight/Review @ Ruffles and Grace
Brianna Henderson -- Review/Author Interview @ Ramblings of a Pilgrim on the Way
Anika -- Review/Author Interview/Book Spotlight @ Anika's Avenue
Rebekah Ashleigh -- Review @ Rebekah Ashleigh


Saturday: March 4th
Livi Jane--Review @ Living for the Other Side
Victoria Lynn -- Author Interview @ Ruffles and Grace
Emily Putzke -- Author Interview @ Taking Dictation
Julia Ryan -- Review @ The Barefoot Gal
Rebekah Eddy -- Book Spotlight/Author interview @ Rebekah's Remarks

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!!

~Livi Jane


*Please take note that I try to be as unbiased as possible in my book reviews (however few there are at this point in time). I want to be as honest as possible in every review, however good or bad it may be. :)






8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely review, Livi!! I really enjoyed having you as a beta-reader; it definitely helped it improve a lot grammar wise! :)
    Thank you so much for being a part of the blog tour, and this whole publishing process! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! Thank you for allowing me to help out!! :D Congrats yet again!

      Delete
  2. Nice review, Livi! :D It's a pretty awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela!! I completely agree; it was a wonderful read! :D

      Delete
  3. I so want to read this now! Where can I get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it on Amazon (by Kindle or paperback). The link is under the book synopsis in this post. :) Hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it!!

      Delete
  4. Great review, Livi!! :D
    This book is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah!! Yes, I loved it so much! ;)

      Delete