JellyPages.com

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

NaNo, News, and More!

Hello!!

Again, sorry I haven't kept up with posting much lately. I've been busy working and doing school... And, of course, writing for NaNo!! :D

NANOWRIMO:

I made it to 17,000 words yesterday, which I'm really excited about! I know I'm not on track to hit 50,000 words, but I'll beat my own personal score for how many words I've written in a month.

I wrapped up one of my short stories the other day (it will need a lot of editing, lol), and nearing the end of another. I had a new, random idea a couple of weeks ago (before NaNo started) for several scenes for a story, but I figured I'd work on my other already-planned stories for several reasons, one of them being that I had no idea what else would happen in this story besides the scenes I had in my head.
Well, I was telling my sister about it the other day, and (after a lot of nonsensical ideas and laughs), we came up with a basic idea for the story. So, since I was kind of in a lull with my other two short stories at that point, I put them aside for a day and worked solely on this new one. I'm having a lot of fun with it now, and even though it's mostly just for my entertainment, it's getting words down and I'm having a lot of fun working on it.

Here's a couple of pictures that started the inspiration for this story:

Blue and Jase - Brothers:
Brothers 
(My favorite relationship to write/read about :D)

Jase Harper:

Jonathan "Blue" Harper:


How is writing going for everyone else (whether or not you're doing NaNo)?

VETERANS DAY:

Also, I forgot to post anything on here, but this past week we celebrated Veterans Day. A huge thank you is in order for anyone who has served or is currently serving in our military. We appreciate you!! (And also to my grandfather (who spent 21 years serving), step-grandfather, great-grandfathers, cousin (who was injured serving and received the Purple Heart), second cousin, and many more family members and friends, THANK YOU! :D)

OTHER NEWS:

I'm looking for new books to read (or ask for for Christmas, y'know ;P)! Any suggestions? (I enjoy historical fiction, westerns, soldiers, mysteries, and adventures, especially between siblings or best friends. I'm not so much of a romance person but don't mind some!)


Yippee!! Thanksgiving is only about a week away, and Christmas is in only 38 days! How on earth did this year go by so fast?? The reality that 2017 is less than two months away is kinda scary! Wow. That just sunk in...


All righty, heading off for now! I'm going to try to post a book review or find a fun tag or something to do soon! :D

Have a wonderful rest of the week! God bless!

~Livi Jane























1 comment:

  1. Congrats on that awesome word count, Livi!!! :D *high five* Love the inspirational pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete