JellyPages.com

Saturday, October 1, 2016

October!!!

Hey-o!

Can you guys believe that it's already OCTOBER? Goodness, this year is just flying by! (And it's now officially fall, and fall means Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving means Christmas!!!!!!!!! *Pulls out Christmas decorations* *Sips hot chocolate happily*)



Charming Photos of Winter Scenery:
Ahhh...Christmas... (only 85 days left!!)

But September certainly didn't last long!
I guess a lot of it had to do with my crazy schedule. I'm sure this month will be just as busy!

September was a great month (even if it was busy)!

Flag Football:
I don't remember how much I've talked about this before, but I'm helping my dad coach my eight year old brother's flag football team this year. It's a little bit like herding cats, but it's a lot of fun! I'm also helping out with my thirteen year old brother's team.
The first games were last Saturday, and both of my brothers' teams won and had a great time playing. It was hot, though! *sweats*

Work:
Work went pretty well this month! I got to be in window (drive-thru) for the first time. That was actually pretty fun, and it seems to makes the time go faster because it's pretty much non-stop. :)
And all of the people I work with are super awesome. :D

Reading:
I really didn't get much reading done at all this month... It was pretty pitiful. I reread a couple of my books, but I think the only new one I read and finished was book recommended to me by Jesseca Dawn. It's a western/mystery titled 'Never'. It was a great book!!
I'm also currently reading a book called 'Are You Liberal? Conservative? Or Confused?'.
It's been very interesting, actually! It's part of the Uncle Eric series we've all had to read for school.



Image result for are you liberal conservative or confused

Writing:
So, at the beginning of September, I mentioned how my writing goal for this month was 4,000 words. I knew my schedule would be crazy and I'd be lucky to get any writing in at all.
Well, I managed not only to hit my goal, but to go over it, ending the month with a word count of 4,860 words!!!!!! :D (And most of it was written in probably three sittings XD.)

I think I'm going to stick with my goal word count of 4,000 again for the month of October. I may raise it to 5,000 if I think I can get it in time, but we'll see how that goes depending on my October schedule. :)

Also, October means preparing for NaNoWrimo!! Yippee!!!! I'm really excited about NaNo this year. I'm planning on writing several short stories, and also work on my main project, as well. The problem is, I have several ideas for my short stories already and want to write them now! Guess I'll have to content myself with working on character sketches and research for the stories instead. ;)

(And I am planning to (hopefully) post the short stories I write for NaNo on here eventually!)


Image result for nanowrimo 2016
Yay for writing! :D

Anyone else planning to do NaNo this year? I think I'm going to be using the YWP site, that way I can pick my own word count goal.

Okay, well... I don't think I have much else to say, so I'll stop rambling now...

How was everyone else's September? What are you looking forward to this month?

Blessings,

~Livi Jane

4 comments:

  1. NANOWRIMO!!! No, I'm not doing NaNo this year. :( I will be trying to finish my novel before 2017, but I'm not doing NaNo because of the busyness of being the daughter of a Christmas tree farmer. :P
    Oh, I read "Are you Liberal, Conservative, or Confused?" a few years ago. It was good, very informative. ;)

    Great post, Livi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's too bad. Hope you can get your novel finished soon, though! ;)
      Oh, nice! Yes, I've liked it so far!
      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a great month, Livi! :) My September was pretty busy too, but still fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! Glad to hear you had a fun month, too! :) Thanks for commenting, Rebekah!

      Delete