JellyPages.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Beautiful Books 2016 - Sunlight and Shadows

Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone is doing well this evening. :)

Today I'm going to be doing...

beautiful books


I'm planning to work on several short stores for NaNo this year instead of just one, so I might use the remainder of the month to do one or two of these for my upcoming stories. The only problem with posting the answers for short stories like these is that it gives away a lot of the story... ;P

Anyway, even though I've already started this story, since I also plan to work on it for NaNo, today the answers will be for...


Sunlight and Shadows

Here we go!


1. What inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?

I’d written several stories earlier in the year military-related, and someone suggested I should write a longer story pertaining to military characters. I first had the idea and started writing sometime in July.
2. Describe what your novel is about!
When 14 year old Aubrey Mathis hears the news that her Marine brother, Ryder, was injured while deployed in Afghanistan, her world is turned upside down. Worse, when he returns home, he's like a different person.
Devastated and heartbroken by the likely suggestion that her brother has PTSD, Aubrey's emotions are pushed to their limits.
With the Fourth of July and her sister's wedding rapidly approaching, will Ryder's condition improve or deteriorate? Can Aubrey trust God to help the family through this trial?

3. What is your book’s aesthetic? Use words or photos or whatever you like!

 :
I'm just gonna use this... :)

4. Introduce us to each of your characters!

Aw, man, I have way too many characters... I'll start with a couple of the major ones, using several words to describe their personalities...
1. Aubrey Irene Mathis - Likable, loving, slightly mischievous
2. Cass Dalton Mathis - Calm, dependable, loyal
3. Ryder Weston Mathis - Charming, cheerful, outgoing (of course, this is before the accident and his PTSD)
4. Jeanette Elizabeth Mathis - Sweet, cheeky, outgoing (just like her twin, Ryder)

5. How do you prepare to write? (Outline, research, stocking up on chocolate, howling, etc.?)

Usually it involves lots and lots of research and a little bit of outlining. I used to be a super big planner, but I’ve realized I planned a bit too much, so I pulled back some.
6. What are you most looking forward to about this novel?
Finishing it!!!!! ;P
7. List 3 things about your novel’s setting.
  • 1. Texas
  • 2. Summer
  • 3. 2014

8. What’s your character’s goal and who (or what) stands in the way?


Aubrey wants to see her brother get better (physically and emotionally). I guess doubt is the biggest thing in her way.
9. How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
She learns to trust God and His perfect plan.
10. What are your book’s themes? How do you want readers to feel when the story is over?
Hm… I guess the themes could include having faith and trusting in God, no matter how hopeless the circumstances may seem. And I hope the readers have a happy/sad feeling, are glad they read the story, and learned something about God. :)


And there you have it! Hope you all enjoyed! 

How's everyone's week going so far? Can you believe we're already halfway through October?

~Livi Jane 





















6 comments:

  1. Wow, now this story sounds REALLY good!! :D From the previous post(s) about Sunlight & Shadows, I thought I would enjoy it. But that synopsis, wow, sounds amazing!! :) Kudos to you for tackling writing PTSD. I want to try that sometime, but I haven't yet. ;)

    Best of luck with NaNo! I loved the post. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well thank you! I only hope it lives up to your standards when it's finally finished. ;)
      Yeah, I hope it all comes out okay with that aspect! I've been doing a lot of research!

      Delete
  2. This story sounds AMAZING!!! And heartbreaking. :'(
    Can't wait to read more about it!!! Thanks for doing this! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kaitlyn! Yeah, it's been kinda hard writing at points! I haven't actually cried, though, so... ;P
      And I can't wait to post more about it (and finish it)! ;)

      Delete
  3. This story!!!!! *sounds so amazing and I need to read it ALL*
    Amazing job on the blurb, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you write PTSD. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are all making me nervous that it's not going to live up to its standards when I finally finish!! ;P
      I really hope it's fun to read once I'm done!
      Yeah, I'm hoping that all comes out okay. A lot of it isn't from his POV, so it's not quite as much getting in his mind and thoughts as much as it is the outward show (or trying not to show) of what he's feeling, if that made any sense at all XD
      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete