JellyPages.com

Monday, August 8, 2016

The Random Writer's Tag

Happy Monday!

I'm back today with a fun tag for writers! And I'm tagging these amazing fellow bloggers (if they'd like to do it as well):
Jesseca
Blessing Counter
Faith P.
Lydia Dyslin

So this tag is made up of eight random questions for writers... Hope you enjoy! :D

1. If you could pick one (yes, only one) of your characters to meet in real life, who would it be and why?
Oh, I hate questions like these! There are so many of my characters I'd love to meet! Some of my characters are actually based off of people I know in real life, so I sort of already know some of my characters! ;P  But I would really like to meet a character of mine from a new story I've just recently begun working on: Ryder Mathis, a young Marine. :) (Yes, I know the uniform is an Air Force uniform, but in my story he's a Marine.) ;D And the reason why I'd like to meet him? I dunno, he just seems like a really awesome guy! (I mean, I created him, so of course he's awesome! Just joking! Although in my opinion he is pretty awesome.)




2. What kind of relationship do you enjoy writing about most? (Brother-brother, friend-friend, romance, etc.)
Okay, big brother-little sister, hands down. Buuuut I also really really like writing brother-brother relationships and maybe every once in a while a bit of romance. ;) 

3. Describe your favorite setting in which to write.
Sitting on a comfy chair with some snacks on one side (why is food so good??), my dog on the other, my earbuds in and a thunderstorm going on outside. For some reason I just love love love writing during thunderstorms!

4. When/where do you usually get inspiration for your stories when you're stuck?
A lot of different places... But I seem to do my best thinking in the shower or at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.

5. How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning?
I usually tend to choose names for my characters based on the way they sound, but I also try to pick names that have meanings that go with their personalities.

6. What are some of your favorite character names?

Well, I like all of my character names (unless maybe they're names for bad guys), but a few of my top favorites are probably Cass, Bryce, Ryder, Julie, Micah, Jeanette (Jet), Gator, Dustin... Okay, I'll stop now...
I also have a couple of names 'on hold' right now, so to speak. They're names I really like but haven't decided on a character to fit the name or which story to put them in! Judah and Drew... :D

7. What/Who inspired you to start writing?
Honestly, I always enjoyed writing little stories, even from the time I was young. I remember writing one-paged stories based off of TV shows I liked. My oldest sister loves writing, too, and she got me interested in NaNoWrimo, and that's when I really got serious and started writing longer, original stories. :)

8. And finally, would you rather never read another book or never write another story?
AUGHHHHHH! Why do I have to answer this?!?!? Although, I suppose never reading another book would be a better option because then you could write as many stories as you want and go back and read those, so at least there would be something to read! (It didn't say you couldn't reread your own stories! Haha.) :P

Here's a clean copy of the questions:
1. If you could pick one (yes, only one) of your characters to meet in real life, who would it be and why?
2. What kind of relationship do you enjoy writing about most? (Brother-brother, friend-friend, romance, etc.)
3. Describe your favorite setting in which to write.
4. When/where do you usually get inspiration for your stories when you're stuck?
5. How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning?
6. What are some of your favorite character names?

7. What/Who inspired you to start writing?
8. And finally, would you rather never read another book or never write another story?

And that's it for now! Have an amazing week, everyone!

~Livi Jane 



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me, Livi!! This sounds like fun, and Ryder does sound awesome. :D I have a young marine character in a series of stories I've written/am writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'm excited to see your answers! ;) And military characters are the best. :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me, Livi! Loved reading your answers to the questions! Ooohhh...you like thunderstorms too? I don't usually write during them, but I LOVE sitting down and just listening to the thunder :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do! (Unless it's really close... Then it's sometimes kinda scary.) I like going to sleep listening to thunderstorms, too. ;)
      Thanks for commenting! Excited to read your answers!

      Delete
  3. I loved reading all your answers, Livi!!! :D
    And, I tagged you for the 3-Day Quote Tag!! (Yes, another tag. ;))
    http://akansasfarmersdaughter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kaitlyn! I didn't remember if you did much writing or not, but you are more than welcome to do this tag as well!!
      And thanks for tagging me! It might be a while before I have time to get a post up because of all the flooding craziness going on down here, but I promise I will get around to it! Thanks again!

      Delete