JellyPages.com

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Craziness of August

It seems like I was just writing about August beginning, and now I'm writing about the end of August!

August Highlights:

The Great Flood of 2016:
Well, to be quite honest, this past month was crazy. All of the flooding down here caused the weeks to become a unscheduled blur of serving meals, gutting houses, and doing school on top of it! (Well, we did take one week off right after all the flooding first started happening.)
It was probably the worst natural disasters I have ever seen, and seeing people's lives on the curb, waiting for the garbage trucks to come take their things away has been simply heartbreaking.

But through all this, the church has stepped up, come together, and shared the love of Jesus in many, many ways. We will come out of this stronger.

My Birthday:
As I said, with all of the flooding craziness, schedules and routines were thrown out of the window the first couple weeks of this month, but for my birthday we still were able to celebrate by picking up dinner (and cake and ice cream!) and having a fun family evening. One of my favorite birthday traditions is when we have cake, we go around the table and everyone tells one memory they have of the person whose birthday it is.
And with some of the birthday money I received from relatives, I will hopefully be ordering a few things I've been wanting soon, mainly a book and a CD... :D

Work:
I STARTED MY FIRST REAL JOB LAST WEEK! Eek! I must admit, I was quite terrified at first, but my sister(s) were able to train me, so that made it a lot less nerve-wracking, and it wasn't as scary as I imagined. :) Although it is very tiring... Especially those days I have to get up at 4:30 am. -.-

WorkOUT:
So, to those of you who don't know, our family has a favorite TV show: American Ninja Warrior. Have any of you seen it? We don't watch much television, but this show is a definite exception! Every Monday night, we are all downstairs in front of the TV. My sisters and I sometimes get a little...um...loud.
Anyway, if you haven't heard of the show, here's a video of a favorite competitor/friend of ours, Joe Moravsky, from this year's qualifying (first) round:

Isn't his daughter Emily the most adorable child ever??

Ridiculous, isn't it? The courses only get harder! 

Anyway, the point of this highlight was to explain what I've been doing exercise-wise. Well, I haven't been completely consistent, but trying to keep up basic stretching/exercising. There's actually a gym about an hour from us that has obstacles from the show for training. We've been several times and it's been so much fun! There's going to be a competition taking place there in October (part of a nationwide comp), and I'm thinking about entering for the teen division! (My sister and cousin are going to be entering in the adult group.) 

Writing:
Again, with the craziness of the month, writing was put to the side. Things are still busy, but not quite as hectic, so I'm hoping to get myself back into the groove of writing. I started a new story recently that I'd really like to get done. Must...make...myself...write... 
I hate when I have the time but not the motivation to write. Must overcome it and WRITE ON! :D

September (overview):

I have a feeling September will be a very busy month, too! I'm helping my dad coach my youngest brother's flag football team, and as there were very few coaches in that age group, it will only be me and my dad trying to herd 13 seven through nine year olds! (Which will be fun, but probably crazy, too! :D) Then there's school and work and church stuff... All fun, but altogether makes for a busy life! Oh, the joys of growing up. :)

September - Other Things


I'm excited for this event! It looks like so much fun! Any and all book lovers are invited!

Writing Goals:
This month I'm going to try and write a minimum of 4,000 words (hopefully all on the main story I'm working on at them moment). I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but any writing is better than no writing and being accountable to all you readers at the end of September may help motivate me to meet the goal! :D
Blessing Counter did something like this on her blog last month, so I'm sort of stealing it from her (hope you don't mind, Blessing! lol).

Blogging:
Blogging-wise, I do want to try to post more often... No promises, but I'll try my best! I love doing writing tags (any tag, actually), so you might be seeing more of those! Also, I want to share a couple of snippets from my stories and characters, and probably a bunch of other random things!


All right, I think that's just about everything for August's highlights! How was this past month for all of you? What are you looking forward to this coming month?

Onward to September!

~Livi Jane 


























4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great month, Livi! :D 4:30 AM...ouch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Faith!
      Yeah, sometimes my alarm goes off and I just think, "Do I really need this job?" XD But it's really not that bad. Once I'm up and moving, I'm fine. It's just the having to get out of bed that's hardest. ;P

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about the flood. But glad that your church was able to grow closer and stronger during the whole thing. Even if we don’t know why things like this would happen, it’s always important to remember that God’s in control and He has a reason for everything that happens! :)
    I THINK I might have said this before, but Happy Birthday!!!!! :D
    Oh, hurray for your new job! Where are you working? Hehe, aren’t sisters awesome? ;)
    Thanks for sharing about the blog party! Can’t wait for the date to come!!!!
    Really enjoyed reading your post, Livi. Have a fantastic September!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely, and thanks for the prayers! <3
      Haha, I think you did on a different post, but I forgot to respond. So thank you!!!!!!
      I'm working at Chick-fil-A. :)
      Sure! I'm excited! And same to you! :D

      Delete